Although copy protection may involve a sort of encryption mostly in the total solution, it is not the same as encryption. Encryption is the process of encrypting data and needing a password to decrypt and display it.
The data can only be viewed after the password has been entered. The person who typed the password now has complete control over the files, including the ability to print, save, and share them.
Copy protection can be different in 2 ways:
- Firstly, there is no need for a password for viewing the data.
- Secondly, the files will not be saved, shared, printed, or streamed when they will be viewed by also the user who may be most trusted.
When we talk about multi-media items like PDFs, audio, video, and HTML sites, most users desire copy protection. The majority of users want as many people to see the data as possible, yet it can’t be saved, streamed, shared, printed, or screenshot.
USB Copier protects data files on flash devices with USB copy protection and digital rights management. If you have got any intellectual property that you want to protect from illicit copying, replication, or dissemination, USB Copier can help.
All of the “USB CopySecure” and “Nexcopy” flash drives have a high capacity, great performance, and increased capabilities e.g. USB copy protection with full digital rights for management. The bespoke USB flash drive provides never-before-seen levels of functionality and control.
This technology is compatible with both Mac/PC computers, making it ideal for any user who needs real cross-platform compatibility for copy-protected files on USB. The CopySecure drives are available in 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB capacities from USB Copier
The following are 6 bullet points about the features offered by a copy provider.
- Copy-protected content will play on Mac/Windows computers
- No Admin rights are needed for playing the content
- No installation is needed on your host computer
- The USB stick will be write-protected
- The content will run 100% from your flash drive
- This solution is hardware/software, ultra-secure
The following are the steps to use:
- The content owner will receive USB drives
- Using the free software the content owner can data load
- The “viewer” programs will be what display and decrypt the file.
- The software can copy, a maximum of 3 drives simultaneously
- Once your drive is loaded, 2 additional files will be loaded on the USB.
- The “viewer” will be secure as it blocks saving/printing/screen capture
The stages for the owner of content are as follows. The end-user who will receive the drive should follow the instructions outlined below:
- The end-user receives the flash drive for connecting it to the computer.
- User will then access the USB to see only 2 applications (MacViewer, PCViewer).
- Based on their computer system the user will either open the MacViewer/PCViewer.
- The viewer will then list the entire copy-protected files on the USB.
- The viewer then will open and display any file that the user selects.
If the content owner requires it, the viewer can choose to open any specific file automatically. For example, the content owner may prefer the end-user for seeing an instructional PDF or video first.