Many people suffer from stress. They go to their busy jobs every day to do mind numbing, back breaking work, then come home to their kids loudly running around, screaming and playing.
Smile your way to being stress free. Smiling shows that you’re happy. But did you know that smiling can also make you feel happy and relaxed. When you smile you transmit nerve impulses from your face muscle to the center of the brain that tells you that you are calm. If you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed take a minute to smile.
Saying “no” more often will actually reduce the stress caused by giving in to things you really didn’t want to be obligated to and keep you from having to do them! When you are already pressed for time throughout your day, so saying “no” to offers people that you are not actually interested in will give you more control and definitely less stress!
Successfully Manage Stress With These Great Tips
- A great tip that can help you keep your stress in check is to listen to soothing music. There are many different genres of music that can have a calming effect when you listen to them. Enjoying a little bit of this music from time to time can help a lot. It is a great alternative to the unending bad news you hear on most radio shows.
- A great tip that can help you keep your stress down is to draw or paint something. Drawing and painting are great ways to fight stress because you focus on being creative. It’s a great way to keep your mind off of certain things and you’ll also have some art to show off.
- A great tip that can help you fight stress is to challenge the way that you think. Try to stop yourself whenever you’re thinking negative. Instead, try to think more positive in these situations. You’ll notice that you’ll feel much better about yourself and the events in your life.
- A good tip that can help you keep your stress down is to start living your life the way you want to. There’s nothing worse than settling in life and having regrets about it. By going after your dreams you’ll notice that your stress levels will be much lower.
- Take more vitamins. Vitamin B has been shown to help reduce stress. Try to take between 100 percent and 300 percent of the daily allowance. Minerals such as chromium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, molybdenum, zinc, manganese, and selenium also help you to better deal with stress. Stay away from vitamins labeled as stress relievers as they are usually just vitamin B.
- Stress can have a tremendous effect on the amount and types of food that we eat. We may have the tendency to gorge on junk food when we are stressed. Our stomachs may be so upset by the stress that we can barely eat anything. Either reaction is potentially dangerous. Minimizing your stress level can radically improve your dietary choices.
- Playing a game is a great way to reduce your stress, as it is fun and will take your mind off of your troubles. Invite a few friends over and play a board game, and after the entertainment, serve dinner and dessert. This will serve as a nice form of relief to your hectic day.
- A great tip that can help you keep your stress levels down is to not be so serious all the time. Enjoy a good laugh whenever you can and try to smile as much as possible. These simple acts can go a long way in keeping your stress down.
- One of the ways that you can deal with stress for the long term is to purchase a cat or dog to have around the house. When you get home from a long day at work, it is always nice to have a pet waiting for you to add excitement to your life.
- A great tip that can help you keep your stress levels down is to stop relying on your alarm clock to wake up in the morning. Waking up to an alarm clock can make you very stressed out. Learning to wake up naturally is a much better alternative to an alarm clock.
- Just walk away from a stressful event! You will likely have to eventually return to the situation, but a short break can make all the difference in the world as to how you deal with it. Take an extended lunch or just go outside and walk around the building. By removing yourself physically from the stressful situation you can gain a different perspective on how to deal with it.
- One of the newer practices to reduce stress is using aroma therapy. There are hundreds of plant essences and essential oils that are known to have stress relieving qualities. A scent like lavender is known to produce a feeling of relaxation and calm while geranium will bring down stress levels. These scents can be used to reduce stress while working or while meditating.
- Shake your body out on a daily basis! You may think you carry your stress only in your mind, but your body carries it just as much. Take ten minutes every day to let go and shake every part of your body. Stretch your legs, your neck, your arms and your back. Shake your hands for ten to fifteen seconds. Breathe deeply while doing these exercises. You’ll find you feel less stressed afterwards!
Make sure that you stay as organized as possible for school. Running around trying to find the paper that you want will add a lot of stress to your day. Try to compartmentalize all of your papers and subjects together to limit the tension that you face in your day.
As stated before, many people suffer from stress. People migrate between back breaking work and anxiety at home from family members, which can cause harmful effects. By using the tips that were featured in this article, you can negate these harmful effects on your body and be happier.