4 Steps of an Invisalign First Orthodontic Treatment
Like all the Invisalign & orthodontic treatments that we carry out in Pakistan at Ensmile orthodontic practice, the treatment takes place in several very specific stages:
1- The first consultation
The first consultation takes place in several stages:
- The orthodontist studies the situation of your teeth,
- By taking into account your aesthetic and/or functional requests, he will offer you one or more treatments
- Finally, he draws up an estimate including the various possible treatment plans.
2- Taking fingerprints
Good news, for our Invisalign treatments we have acquired an iTero 3D scanner!
This allows us to make impressions much more comfortable than traditional impressions with dough!
3- Laying the gutters
The placement of aligners is an essential step in the treatment!
This is mainly the installation of cleats: small composite elements that allow certain movements to be made. They are essential. Ensmile puts them inside the front teeth to make the treatment as discreet as possible!
Are your teeth aligned? Perfect.
If they are perfectly aligned and the treatment has been carried out according to the rules of the art, we enter a compression phase which will stabilize the whole so that your teeth no longer move after the treatment!
This goes through two retention wires, at the top and bottom, as well as safety gutters at the top and bottom.
Advantages and disadvantages of Invisalign First for children
As with all types of treatment, orthodontic treatment with bands or Invisible aligners has advantages but also disadvantages. It is important to know them before making your choice.
Of course, all these elements will be presented to you in detail during the first consultation, and a time of reflection will allow you to choose the treatment that you consider most suitable for your child or teenager.
The benefits of Invisalign First
- Invisalign First treatments are ideal for children who play sports or play a musical instrument. Not that conventional braces stop them, but treatment with Invisalign really makes it easier!
- Those who have difficulty brushing their teeth and/or flossing will have fewer problems with Invisalign First: nothing will get stuck between the floss and the brackets as is the case with traditional brackets.
- Teenagers – who pay more attention to their image – generally prefer Invisalign First.
- Fewer follow-up appointments: no rings that come off, or threads that hurt. It will be less necessary to miss school to go to orthodontist appointments
- Appointments are shorter and simpler with Invisalign First, so they are less painful, especially for younger patients who may find it more difficult to sit in the orthodontist’s chair for long periods of time.
- You have to be very careful to wear the gutters properly. However, we find that teenagers are rather more cooperative than adults! They are indeed very motivated to wear their aligners properly according to the instructions given and to avoid going back to classic braces.
- Some treatments may take longer to complete with Invisalign First.
- Some dental or occlusal problems may be difficult to achieve with Invisalign: this will be discussed at the first consultation and we will be able to determine if this orthodontic treatment is appropriate for you.
Example of treatment performed on a child with Invisalign First
This patient came to an orthodontic consultation for an opinion.
Clinical and radiological examination
The clinical and radiological examination carried out at Ensmile revealed:
- a skeletal narrowness of his upper jaw
- associated with an anterior open bite of mixed origin (thumb sucking and skeletal component).
Treatment plan completed
The simplified treatment plan was as follows:
- Phase 1
At age 7, placement of Invisalign First gutters for expansion associated with anti-thumb reliefs glued behind the upper incisors to prevent thumb sucking.
Duration of about 1 year.
- Phase 2
At the age of 11, a second phase was carried out with resumption of the Invisalign First gutters after the growth of the permanent teeth on the side, to correct the alignment and the residual interdental spaces.
This phase lasted about a year and a half.
Rigid retention wires were placed above and below from canine to canine on the lingual surfaces. Safety restraint gutters were also made.
Do not hesitate to contact us on our website for more information on the orthodontic treatments offered to children, or to make an appointment directly on Ensmile for a first consultation.