Isn’t your air conditioner cooling enough? Why not get it repaired? Usually, the reason why your AC stops cooling is dirt. It is the biggest enemy of your AC. The dirt blocks the airways and prevents the air from letting out. The first thing that you can do when you find that your AC is not cooling sufficiently is that you can clean the air filter. This will lessen your ambiguity regarding the cooling. However, if you don’t want to seek professional help, you can troubleshoot your AC independently. Check out best ac duct cleaning companies for your AC.
Troubleshoot your AC
If the weather is quite hot outside and your AC is not cooling enough, it is high time to check it out. You can do the following to solve the issue:
If your AC does not run, then you can follow these steps:
- Check the cord, plug, and outlet. Make sure you also check the circuit breaker outside the room
- Now wait for a while and then press the reset button and keep on repeating until required
- Check the terminals carefully if there is any fault there. Also, if you see any burning, then replace the switch. But if the switch is perfectly fine and there is no burning, then be ready to call a professional tech guy in AC Industry.
If the fuses blow, then you can try the following steps:
- If you find that the circuit is overloaded, then you can try on a different circuit
- However, if the voltage is low, then you must acquire professional help or call the power company
If your AC doesn’t cool sufficient, then follow these steps:
- Set the thermostat lower than 5°
- The filter might be dirty, as discussed above, you can clean the filter for sure or get it replaced
- The coils may be dirty, so you can thoroughly clean the coils
- You can also witness the condenser being blocked from outside, so you must be sure to unblock it first
- If you find the motor to be faulty, then call the expert immediately
- However, even if the compressor is defective or the coolant is leaked, you have to seek professional help
If the fan works fine, but still the unit doesn’t cool enough:
- Again, if the thermostat temperature is high, then set it to a lower temperature at 5°
- If the thermostat is faulty, then try to either replace it or seek professional aid
If your AC cools appropriately, but the fan doesn’t run, then you can check out the following steps:
- Tue control switch setting may be wrong, for which you can reset the switch or work upon different settings
- If you find the fan to be clogged, then make sure to clean the fan and tighten its blades
- Moreover, if your AC’s blades are turned or bent, you can straighten them on your own
- If the unit turns on and off on its own repeatedly, then it is high time to clean the coils and filter if they are causing the trouble
If you want to avoid any trouble regarding your AC, you can check out your AC filter, power cord, switch, and so on.
Make sure to clean your AC filter now and then if you live in a dusty area. It is better to get them replaced if they are causing many issues. Most of the air conditioners have sponge-like filters, and they are washable.
You can clean the filter easily with the help of water and detergent. Make sure to reapply the filter when completely dry.
The power cord connects the wall outlet to the air conditioner. It may fail to supply sufficient electricity to the unit. To know that the cord provides the electricity, remove the control panel. Open the cord terminals and then test the bare wires to see any current running in those wires.
If everything is fine, but the unit does not turn on at any setting, then you have got a faulty switch. Check the switch thoroughly if there are any burning marks. If there are some burning marks, it means your switch needs a replacement, and it won’t work in the future.
Most of the time, the AC can be repaired, while sometimes, you majorly need a replacement. The replacement or repair depends on the issue your AC encounters. If the problem is minimal and you can do it on your own, fair enough. Otherwise, you can indeed seek professional help.