Physical appearance can promote self-confidence. People remain conscious of their physical appearance. It is essential to maintain a healthy routine to enhance skin health. Individuals who have multiple skin-related problems should visit a dermatologist in Rawalpindi. The specialist will conduct tests to diagnose the cause and severity of the condition to provide proper treatment. It will allow the individual to remain comfortable and confident.
The tips to have healthy lips are:
- Eradicate the habit of licking your Lips!
Saliva is known to cause dryness of lips. Individuals have a habit of unconsciously licking their lips which generates friction. People should understand that saliva does not moisturize the lips rather it causes dryness and may lead to the growth of yeast infection.
- Avoid biting Your Lips! Biting and picking the skin of the lips can cause dryness and bleeding. Therefore, it is essential to avoid biting the lips and peeling off the skin. The skin can heal on its own.
- Get Immediate Help to Treat Lip Infections! Most people delay their treatment, which can lead to complications. Individuals who notice swelling and bleeding around the lips must consult a dermatologist as it may be due to infection. The infection can lead to oral thrush and other correlating problems. Cold sores, angular cheilitis, photosensitivity, cuts, and wounds are treatable. Therefore, it is essential to take proper medications to avoid the spread to other parts of the mouth.
- Keep a Lip Moisturizer with You at All Times! Lip balm protects the lips against extreme weather conditions. Petroleum jelly is a cheap and effective product that moisturizes the lips. Lip balms are available with different scents and colors. Adults and children must keep a lip balm with them while traveling and apply it after three to four hours for optimum results.
- Invest in Sunscreen Lip Balm: Sun can cause permanent damage to the surface of the lips. It is essential to develop a habit of using a sunscreen lip balm every day before getting exposed to the sun.
- Include Lip Exfoliating in Daily Skin-Care Routine: Along with the face, it is essential to take into consideration treating dry and Chappy lips. People must exfoliate their lips gently every week. It helps the person get rid of the dead skin. After exfoliation, it is essential to use a lip moisturizer to avoid dryness.
- Is Your Body Well Hydrated? Keeping the body hydrated is important for overall physical health. Keeping the body hydrated allow the lips to remain moist and healthy. Therefore, consuming 1.2 liters of water is a must and should be inculcated in the everyday lifestyle.
- Eradicate the Habit of Smoking: Smoking exposes toxins directly to the lips, which can harm health. Smoking is the main cause of lip cancer. Therefore, individuals who smoke must understand the consequences of smoking and try to eradicate the habit from their lifestyle.
- Are you Using the Right Product? Individuals who experience a burning sensation after using beauty products must stop using them to avoid complications. Lip plumping products are known to cause inflammation. If the person notices swelling then they must stop using the product.
- Healthy Diet for Healthy Skin: Healthy dietary intake helps keep the organs function properly. The diet helps the skin become brighter and healthier. Adults and children should take supplements with zinc, vitamin C, and copper to strengthen the immune system. It helps the body fight against the infection, which may affect the overall health of the person.
Individuals who experience skin problems such as swelling or red patches around the lips should visit a dermatologist at Mid City Hospital. The specialist can help the person understand the cause and severity of the condition. The specialist will provide effective treatment options to avoid complications.